Netflix offers two distinct services: an online streaming service that you can access through www.netflix.com and other apps, as well as a DVD rental service that sends you DVDs by mail through dvd.netflix.com.
Some TV episodes and movies from Netflix are available on DVD but not through their streaming service. You can choose between two options depending on how many discs you want to be able to borrow at once. Both Blu-rays and DVDs can be viewed.
The Netflix DVDs and Blu-rays are just as simple to return through the mail and arrive at your door in 1-3 business days.
Netflix's DVD Plans
There are two Netflix plans for DVDs. Both provide unlimited discs per month, free shipping and returns, no late fees, DVDs, and Blu-rays, and don’t require a long-term commitment (just month-by-month).
The amount of CDs you can have at once is the only difference between these options.
- Normal: $9.99 per month; one CD at a time
- Premier: two discs at a time; $14.99 per month
How to Order a DVD Netflix
Follow these steps if you’re already a Netflix streaming customer; if not, move on to the next section of instructions below:
- Go to DVD Netflix and log in using your Netflix credentials.
- Select Add DVD Plan.
- Choose to Get Started after selecting the plan you want to join.
- After entering your shipping details, click Start.
If you don’t already have one, take the following actions instead:
- Visit DVD.com to access DVD Netflix.
- Choose Sign Up.
- Select Get Started after selecting the desired package.
- Click Continue after providing your email address and choosing a password.
- Type in your shipment details, then click Continue.
- Enter your payment information before choosing Start Membership.
How to Pick a DVD
Based on what you’ve put into your personal queue, Netflix will automatically send you DVDs. The arrangement of them within the queue determines the sequence in which you will receive them. The following DVD in the list is given to you once you return the first one, and so on.
Following are the steps for adding DVDs to your Netflix queue and choosing which ones to watch first:
- Using a Computer or DVD Netflix, click Add or Add next to any DVD you desire, depending on the screen you’re on.
If want to add the entire season of the TV show to Queue click add all to Queue.
You can look for titles by typing in a name, a person’s name, or a genre. There is also a Browse option where you can find the top 100 Netflix movies, as well as new releases.
- To control the DVDs, access your queue via the QUEUE menu at the top of the website. The order can be changed by moving the titles up and down. By selecting the trash icon while your mouse is on an item, you can delete it.
Users of the mobile app can also manage their Netflix queue for DVDs. Use the + symbol to add a movie or TV show to the queue. To change the order or remove DVDs, use the disc icon in the top right corner.
How to Send Back a Netflix DVD
To acquire the next DVD in your queue, you must return DVDs to Netflix. It’s simple to return DVDs you’ve rented from Netflix. Simply place the disc in the sleeve and envelope that were provided with it and mail it or drop it off at your neighborhood post office.